Our scheduled tours provide a different experience at various times of the day:
Tour departure times – four cruises daily
- 8.00 am – Early morning – 2 hour cruise
- 10.30 am – Mid- morning – 2 hour cruise
- 3.00 pm – Afternoon express – 1 hour cruise
- 4.30 pm – Sunset – 2 hour cruise
Bookings are essential - Scheduled tours price per person: LKR 3,500
Scheduled tour price includes complimentary pick-up and return transport in the Negombo Beach area.Contact us or see our Facebook page for seasonal special deals.
Early morning cruise–8.00am to 10.00am
Cruise in the cool of the morning when the birds are most active and fishing boats are returning from the sea. The shores of the lagoon are buzzing with activity as hundreds of fishing families deliver their catch to the fish markets and wash their nets along the beach.
Mid-morning cruise – 10.30am to 12.30pm
Enjoy the breeze and bright sunshine of the late morning on the lagoon. We will check out the many day fishermen casting their nets as we cruise to the open water of the lagoon. Cruise beside the sailing boats as they make their way out to the sea. You will see a wide range of water birds, waders and the gull colony on the sand flats according to the tides and the season.
Sunset cruise – 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Relax as you experience the rich colours of the sunset at the inlet of the lagoon as the sun goes down in the Indian Ocean. In the twilight we will watch the traditional prawn fishermen setting their nets for the night’s work ahead. We will be back to the dock before it gets too dark.
Private boat hire
Captain Fernando offers a range of private boat hire tours on the Negombo waterways ranging from 2 hour private tours, to half and full day adventures. Contact us for details.
- Bookings are essential.
- Reporting time at the boarding dock is 15 minutes prior to departure. All cruises depart on time – so don’t be late!
- Private boat hire prices include complimentary pick-up and return transport in the Negombo Beach area.
What to bring:
- Hat and sunscreen
- Rain jacket in the wet season in case of showers
- We provide complimentary bottled water
You are in safe hands – our boat is fully licenced and insured. We are proud to offer a service that is fully licenced by the Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Sri Lanka.
- Our boat has a seaworthiness certificate and is registered for use for passenger cruises
- Our skipper is a qualified boat operator with a coxswain certificate from the Colombo Ports Authority
- Qualified rescue and first aider on board
- All crew members are trained in emergency response through regular training drills
- Boat and passengers have full insurance
- Your boat has lifesaving equipment on board including life ring and life jackets
- Our boat has regular safety inspections and the engine has regular scheduled maintenance by a qualified marine mechanic
Passengers’ contribution to the safety of the cruise:
- Follow instruction of the crew at all times
- Lifejackets are supplied must be worn by all passengers during the tour
- No smoking is permitted on board
- No alcohol consumption on board
- Passengers will have to board the boat at the jetty and should ask for assistance if required to step onto the boat and be seated
- Passengers should remain seated during the cruise